My monthly goals are sort of spilling over month after month and sometimes are there sometimes arent, so I dont consider them confirmed (release being better, heels down over fences and on landing...)
I am going to break it down by phase and then by rider and horse.
- Work on my crookedness issues
- Ride the outside aids more
- Improve sitting trot
- Ride the canter more brave and comfortably (ll gaits for that matter)
- Dont get handsy before a fence
- Wait with my shoulders if I dont see a distance
- Get braver and ride the more forward distance
- Better timing on the half halt
- Release more!!
- Heels down more
CROSS COUNTRY GOALS:
- ALL stadium goals still apply lol
- be braver about down hill terrain and down banks
- Let Tillie go more forward and trust her
- Canter fences!!!! no more trotting everything
- Gallop/canter more uphill
- Jump without looking at the jumps all the way over so its more uphill
- Be able to boldy jump skinnier fences and brush without hesitation
- How not to jump a roll top:
I am happy to hear tips on achieving any of the goals listed above!