Tuesday, July 7, 2015

My Greatest Fear Realized

Ok, so just throwing this out there to everyone and anyone that follows me that I have a very irrational fear of down banks, drops and downhill slopes in general.

Like, shake in my boots, feel like I am going to vomit...etc. If that isn't enough of a picture I am not sure what else is! **knock on wood** I have never had a fall at one or anything to warrant this fear, but it still exists all the same.

So, while working I will listen or catch up on some things and today happens to be the Pan American Prep event broadcast on USEF's network: http://www.usefnetwork.com/featured/2015GreatMeadow/

Well let me tell you, their drop in the XC phase made my heart stop...literally every time a rider went through it...it didnt help a few almost or did wipe out.

Anyway...here is a recent attempt back in May schooling (good things these don't happen until Novice!)


Needless to say this was hairy at best all three times...but my saint of a horse babysat me when majority of the time she really doesnt! At least she has my back for me on this one! 



7 comments:

  1. yea i much prefer banks going up... at least Tillie is super honest about them tho!! guess we just need to go schooling more often ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The idea kind of freaks me out too. I haven't ridden one for a million years but I can see where the fear comes from! Seems like your horse is cool with them though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure what it is that gets to me...but luckily she is pretty cool with them. I think my instinct is to want to ride it l like a regular jump but if you do that on a down bank youll get bounced out of the saddle which is terrifying. lol

      Delete
  3. With my limited eventing experience, I always liked down banks more than up banks! I think mostly because the horse I evented tended to trip up banks and was super smooth down banks. But whenever I see those advanced banks (up or down!), ugh no thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of them are taller then me standing!!! UMMM NO!!! How on earth I got into eventing i have no idea...arent we supposed to be fearless!?

      Delete
  4. Down banks make me squeamish - up banks make me happy!

    Someday I hope to conquer that fear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and me both! Up doesnt bother me as much...at least not yet!

      Delete