|Remember when this goal? to canter a fence in stride without holding or using reins for tempo?|
This was the first time being able to do that and it was HUGE!
Learn how to ride in double reins in the pelhamCheck! In fact, I havent needed to jump in it for a while now :) Lets hope it stays that way once we go back to the outdoor ring again.
- Ride at least 4x per week despite work being nutty this month - This didnt exactly happen all winter, but the weather and a frozen ring were the culprit
Convince Emma to show me how teach me and Tillie to self loadSee my blog post about it here
- Improve auto/crest release - I think this is improving, but it needs to be more second nature before I consider this accomplished. Especially after our twisting and turning jump lesson when my release wasnt that great.
even here hands are still stuck right at her wither. Get Tillie more maneuverable in canterI am considering this done after our last dressage lesson(recap here), although I dont think we are confirmed with this goal yet...we did achieve it so the goal is now to maintain it!
UPDATED MONTHLY GOALS:
- Ride at least 2 days on crummy weather weeks, but at least 3-4 days if it isnt bad weather
- Heels down over fences, especially on landing
- Improve release over fences (maybe fold more in the hip without getting too quick with my upper body?)
I am trying to limit my goals so they are more attainable...but the last one # 3 is where Id like to start a discussion, but Ill save that for my blog post tomorrow.