Tuesday, September 17, 2019

So I did go MIA...BUT have HUGE news and updates to share

Sorry everyone for disappearing again (not that I have a TON of followers or anything....) but between my concussion, then being not so smart and attempting to go schooling before my balance was fully back, I ended up breaking my tailbone.

The photo evidence of the fall that broke my tailbone
I never really realized just how much your coccyx affects...not just sitting. Which let me tell you was realllllllly unpleasant for a good two months. Which meant no riding for me. Luckily my horses stayed in work with the help of my new trainer ive been relying on this year (who also had us play with bridle less last winter!).

Definitely want to get back to playing with this again!

The plus side to being sidelined was forcing me to really evaluate my riding goals and so much more really...I have struggled the last two years with my workload. I bought kiss in September of 2017 which started this whirlwind of changing barns completely so both my horses were together, which led to me starting a lesson program there etc. All in addition to my day job, which I got a new one in April and LOVE.

Just gonna leave this cuteness of miss Penelope here in the middle of my complaining
However its been ALOT. I kept feeling like I had more on my plate than I could handle and toyed with selling kiss off and on for the last 8 months. This tailbone injury sorta made me realize this all feels way too much like a job. All I do is work to pay for two horses, and finding time to ride two and compete two was feeling more and more like a job than fun.

Kiss and I doing novice this year!
So I decided to list her, and pretty darn quickly she got snatched up by a 14 year old in a 5* eventers program. She left last Friday and the updates since then are just so darn cute and make me so darn proud at how far kiss has come since bringing her home.

While it made me really sad, it also provided a huge sense of relief and pretty quickly allowed me to focus on Tillie again.

Snap of our ride last week
Tillie has really excelled with this new trainer in dressage - which is why I sought him out. I was getting really frustrated at how stuck she was at shows. (see the post on tillies first 2019 show at Fair Hill here).

Winter 2019 - definitely have a different trot and canter from this !

Since that show I have sort of let showing take a back seat and thrown my budgeted show money towards dressage boot camp. And boy let me tell you how excited I am to see Tillie's progress.

I actually have a soft uphill canter!!! what on earth is this?
So with that said, after my lesson yesterday on Tillie, my new trainer commented Tillie's canter looked really amazing and would do well in a working equitation class. I laughed and said sure you can take her...its a totally foreign discipline to me! But he insisted we give it a try and entered us in the L4 class on October 26th!!

Getting back to enjoying this crazy passion we all have


Here is the dressage test we need to learn: https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5873caeaebbd1a717d922935/t/5bedd485032be43d6f317c79/1542313093607/Dressage+Test%2C+L4+Intermediate+A.pdf?fbclid=IwAR0sOab0wN6Dg771xzSZk36GEG_0aLqQOThBpw6DmFS64r5lh_qiH3pjGEg

sooooo should be fun! We have some homework and fine tuning before this, but intrigued at trying something new!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad riding started feeling fun again, things like horses and riding should always remain a joy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you back on the blogging train again - sorry to hear you had to sell Kiss, but it sounds like you have some breathing room again. It's too expensive for it to be a "job", that's for sure!
    Tillie and you both look amazing!

    ReplyDelete