Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Kiss first show of the season! (throwback post)


I was very excited for Kiss' first outing...Loch Moy is always one of my favorite places to go show. Its pretty big, so its nice exposure and my hope is to get Kiss more and more comfortable out and about.

It didnt exactly start off as planned...when we started getting her ready, we discovered she had pulled her shoe off in the trailer. Yes, I kid you not. In. the. trailer.

Of course there was no farrier on site. So I had to call the one they had on call and pray he could make it. Luckily he could, and Loch moy let me push my dressage back to be the last rider in the ring in my division.


So this is happening

There was a moment he didnt answer (I called back again to be annoying...prob why it cost $75 to put the same shoe back on) and I sent the girls with her back to the trailer ready to pack it in. I was happy to see how chill Kiss was eating grass...but we interrupted her grazing to get the darn shoe on and get into warm up.



I headed into dressage warm up an hour early totally expecting to walk around, let her relax and see all the things. But once we got in there, Kiss became so tightly wound the only way to get her brain on me was to get her feet moving.

My favorite jump of the day

She put in an ok test - but she pulled it together which made me proud. She jumped around great despite some wiggles coming away from the trailers, but all the jumps she was brave and locked on to like a pro.






I am definitely sad she isn't in my barn anymore, but so thrilled with her new home. Shes going to kill it out there with her new person! 

No comments:

Post a Comment