Tuesday, May 14, 2019

New season, new goals (Tillie)

The last two years of my life have been rough...and its my own fault really. Piling things on my plate and never stopping to just process. But in the end, it has led to this season and what will come. In a lot of ways it's better. I had some time to erase bad habits. To really think about what I want.

Getting Tillie around prelim was HUGE for me...
I will admit, after stepping off the prelim course and being so thankful we finished. I had a twinge of doubt we would get back to this any time soon. I couldn't say why...or give a reason. But I was definitely right. Tillie ended up getting tendinitis of her superficial digital flexor tendon...and the recovery took quite a bit of time last year. It didn't help she figured out how to open her stall door and proceeded to have a joy run **gallop** around the farm.

Not sure what the fuss is all about guys...

It allowed me an easier season with Kiss to just chill...and realize how burnt out I really was. The break did a world of good for Tillie too. So far she's coming back stronger and sounder than ever. 

You can tell which one is the morning person and which one needs coffee first

We have plenty of homework, but I am putting it out there to hold myself accountable: I am trying to qualify for the 3-day at Waredaca. AND get our passport to do a 1* (maybe not this year, but this year is the set up...).

Tillie isn't so sure she's ready for the workload
We have Fair Hill this weekend at training level in the hopes to knock off some dust and tackle my own show nerves...we will be living here until I feel bored again like two years ago at the level.

Smaller goals are to get Tillie's gallop where I feel the adjustability is there when I ask...not 10 strides later. And get our dressage scores up. Which means, me not blanking out and doing nothing in my test...which I have a tendency to do.


2 comments: