Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Stay positive

You know those people that are the typical negative Nancy? The ones that nit pick, have nothing nice to say or simply can't be happy for someone else in times of happiness? They exist everywhere...and at every turn you're going run into one or two.

Yea, I have known more than a few...and this post is meant to celebrate those that have been the brunt of those people. This isn't about me...but more so about the negativity in general I see and hear out there. I love eventing because it is WAY less in this discipline, but with horses and just people for that matter, judgement will still exist anywhere you go.

Me at my first event ever...not the greatest position here I'll tell ya

If anyone reading this has felt belittled, embarrassed or you have questioned yourself because of one of those people...If you're trying, you already are better. Progress not perfection. But remember that and try not to repeat the cycle. Do not become the mean person. Stop it and rise above it.

Everyone has started out somewhere being the new person, the inexperienced person and throughout life will continue to experience this as they grow.

Back when Tillie was coming back into work...totally on the forehand,
I am leaning and looking down and gripping with my thighs
We all have had humbling moments, falls and set backs. You know what? Why not band together and learn together in those moments? Cry together in the moment and laugh about it when its past. Is it really necessary to kick someone when they are already down? Or worse yet, tear them apart when they are feeling good or proud?

Yea no caption needed on this gem
At least to me, life is all about learning. If someone closes themselves off to that and they become that suffocating toxic person projecting their negligence and insecurities on to other people. And to that I say: SHAME ON YOU.

Remember when I could barely get through an XC course without this?
My mantra and most used hashtag: #progressnotperfection. I already wrote it in this post once, but I will write it again if I have to. No one, not even the top level riders I could list until I am blue, is perfect. Everyone still stands to learn something so stay humble in that fact and try not to judge a rider a  horse or a situation.

If you are progressing or at least trying to, you are already better than those that aren't. Ignore the back seat riders...better yet ignore the judgmental riders that have no business judging anyone. Unless they are the paid professional of my choice, they don't get to judge. Do your best to ignore them or better yet use it as fuel to keep improving!

This one was fun

I have to wonder what joy these people get out of knocking other people down? I honestly have made it my mission to not only be nice to everyone, but think about what their perspective is and what they might be going through. Its normal for us as humans to go there, to want to judge...but the difference between the good ones and not - don't project your shit on me.

Keep your garbage to yourself. Look I am not perfect. I am sure I have hurt someone's feelings before, but I really would be appalled if I did and would sincerely mean it when I apologize. Take it s step further would really actively try not to do it again.

Ah when I sprained my ankle...
My best advice is to try to remove those negative people from your life or just avoid them. When I cant avoid them, I just try to remind myself I am a good person that tries hard, genuinely has been happy for those same judgy people in their triumphs even if that cant be for me, and sincerely hope the best for everyone.

Everyone deserves to be happy. But because YOU are happy should mean they cant be. You're allowed to be proud, youre allowed to be imperfect and still boast about your progress.



Just don't become that mean person.

I literally can't be mean to someone even if it warrants it so I am not really any help in the comeback department. All I can say is what has helped me is to just stay quiet and know my own truth.


So while this post sounds a but like a 


No comments:

Post a Comment